Term 3 ends at 3pm on Friday 25th September
Kia ora koutou. Hello everyone.
It has been great to see your children back at school this week and to welcome some new families to school also. The children have been very good with their hygiene practices; coughing or sneezing into their elbow, washing and sanitising their hands and keeping out of that ‘moist breath’ zone. We have had a few questions about wearing a mask or face covering and the following information from the Ministries of Health and Education may be useful.
Key messaging on face coverings in a school setting
- Anyone who chooses to wear a face covering will be supported to do so (students cannot be required to wear face coverings in schools).
- Students aged 12 and above are required to wear a face covering when on public transport (there are some exemptions including for health reasons).
- For school transport, bus drivers are wearing face coverings, but children and young people are not required to wear face coverings.
- Face coverings are an extra protective physical barrier to help keep people safe. Hand washing, good cough and sneeze etiquette, cleaning surfaces regularly, staying away if unwell and physical distancing from people you don’t know all contribute to minimising spread of illness.
- From Dr Caroline McElnay – Director of Public Health
“With the other public health measures we have put in place in schools and early learning services, coupled with the reduced risk of transmission at Alert Level 2, we consider the risk of infection is low.”
“Compared to other places, schools and early learning services are not environments where we have seen significant spread of COVID-19. Household members and work colleagues who are in close contact with people with COVID-19, are the most common sources of transmission.”
2021 Enrolment Applications
If you have a child turning 5 next year or know of anyone else who has a child and wants them to come to Glamorgan School in 2021 please let the office know as soon as possible. All in zone children are guaranteed a place.
Out of zone applications- advance information, please read carefully to avoid disappointment
Any out of zone applications for 2021 will to go into a ballot held in October, if we have any places to offer. All out of zone applications must be in to the school office by 15th October. If you enrolled in zone and have now moved out of zone, any other children in the family must apply for a place at the school through the ballot.
Please note: if you have a child enrolled out of zone already this does not give any other siblings in your family an automatic place at the school. Each out of zone enrolment must go through the ballot process and therefore it is essential you apply as soon as possible.
Scholastic Book Orders
The last day to order from Issue 6 is Friday 11th September.
Your young artist worked hard and next week you will get a flyer with information and the unique code for your child’s artwork, which can be used to order: Calendars, Mouse Pads, Greeting Cards, Sketch Pad and Diaries. You can even upload a photo!
Please note: The school does not take any orders/payments. All orders/payments are made via the Kids Art Works website: www.kidsartworks.com.
Orders will open on Thursday, 10th September and close on Monday, 5th October 10am.
If you can’t order any products, that is OK. You will still receive your child’s artwork back towards the end of the year.