Term 1 ends at 3pm on Wednesday 13th April
(Teacher Only Day Thursday 14th April, Good Friday 15th April)
Kia ora koutou. Hello everyone.
Welcome back everyone, we hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable break. A special welcome to the families and children new to Glamorgan School this year. It has been an absolute pleasure to welcome back your children to school this week and to hear and see them around school. They have done a fabulous job of finding their new classrooms and we have been so impressed with their independence in leaving their whanau at the school gates and coming in by themselves. So far we have had 96% and 98% attendance on the two days we have been open! We have welcomed around 45 new children to the school this week and our tamariki have shown kindness and consideration towards those new to the school. The majority of these children will start school for their first week full time next week and we extend a special welcome to them – some have been waiting to start school since September last year!
We still have some procedures to follow at the red setting and these have been previously communicated to parents, but the main points are again below:
The school day
- Children are allowed on site from 8:15am only. Please do not send children any earlier. Teachers will be in classrooms from 8:30am. School will still start at 9am and as children do not come into school all at the same time, you can drop off all children in your whanau at the same time. We have 3 entrance ways to the school so please consider parking and walking to one of them. Practice social distancing with your child so they know to stay apart from other adults as much as possible when entering and leaving school.
- Please use the drop off zone at the front entrance to the school as a quick drop off only. No parking before school in this area.
- Non-essential visitors are not to come on site at the red setting.
- Parents and caregivers are to drop off their children outside the school gates or at the bottom of the school field.
- Plan where you will meet your child at the end of the school day. They can walk to meet you or you can wait at the bottom of the field or in the drop off zone (which is closed to cars in the afternoon). Adults must wear a mask and be 2 metres apart when waiting for their children.
- If you need to come on site, please wear a mask, scan in using the QR codes available around the school and take your child to the classroom door. Do NOT enter the classroom or corridors and stay 2 metres away from other children. The teacher will come out to meet you and take your child into the classroom.
- Large gatherings inside will not be held such as whole school assemblies.
- At the end of the school day, to help avoid congestion when leaving school year 1 will be brought out of the class by their teacher at 2:50pm and taken to the drop off zone for collection.
Years 4,5,6 will be dismissed at 2:55pm so they can clear school by the time year 1,2,3 leave at 3pm. Older siblings can wait for younger ones in the drop off zone or on the school field beside whichever gate they are leaving by.
- Please collect your children at 3pm, do not leave them waiting at school.
- For those children who are required to self-isolate or have complex medical needs and have a letter from their health professional to say returning to school is not recommended yet, we will support them with off-site learning activities. We will not be offering programmes of learning at home for those who choose not to send their child/ren to school when school is open for all children to attend.
We continue to have the following measures at school also:
- display QR code posters for the NZ COVID Tracer App
- keep our visitor register, attendance register and timetables up to date
- be monitoring for illness and asking anyone who is unwell to remain at home, or to go home
- encourage people with relevant symptoms to seek medical advice and get a Covid test
- reinforce the importance of good hand washing and drying
- reinforce good cough and sneeze etiquette (you can support this at home with your tamariki too and good hand washing and drying routines)
Meet the Teacher
Meet the Teacher was canceled in its current face to face format. Instead, you will be sent a recorded message from your teacher on 18th February. Also with the message will be a form to give the teacher any extra information you think we need to know about your child. You can complete the form, scan and email back to the teacher, send the form to school with your child or just email the teacher directly with any information you want them to have.
School Donations 2022
We greatly appreciate all donations made to the school. The school donation for the 2022 school year is as follows:
|Per year||Per term|
|2 or more children||$360||$90|
Payment can be made any time now at the office by EFTPOS, Visa, internet banking or automatic payments can be arranged with your bank. Our bank account details are ASB 12-3080-0059486-00. Please ensure you complete the reference section with your child’s name and specify “school donation”. You are able to claim a tax refund on school donations paid by requesting and completing an IR526 form from the Inland Revenue.
We still have 112 unreturned library books form 2021. If you have one at home please send it back to school with your child as soon as you can.
These have been updated and will now be completed online using Google Forms. When you receive the link to the form please take the time to sit down with your child and discuss the points raised and complete the form together. The link will be emailed to you over the next week. The forms will now be done annually as we feel it is important for you to discuss digital and online safety with your child on a regular basis. The form must be completed for the children to have access to a device at school.
Due to the harsh effects of our summer sun and in accordance with our behaviour plan, children MUST wear a hat when outdoors during Term 1 and Term 4. This is not optional. Please make sure your child has a hat at school at all times this term. A named hat to keep at school would be a great option. To give full protection the hat should provide cover for the face, neck and ears.
There are many child friendly options available for sun screen such as roll on and spray applicators. Children are welcome to have their own sun screen in their bag and apply this before morning tea and lunch time. The school office also has a large pump bottle of sunscreen the children can use at any time if they don’t have their own. Please encourage and show your children how to apply sun screen.
We expect children to wear t-shirts and tops that give protection to the back of the neck and shoulders. Children are welcome to wear sunglasses also during break times.
Our school uses ezlunch – please see info below. Orders open on Monday 14th February.
We’re excited to welcome you back to Term One with ezlunch! Lots of news to share…
Easy lunch orders available every day!
Order (or cancel) any time before 9am on the day or schedule in advance. Lunch will be delivered to the school in time for lunch. Click here to see the menu.
Orders are made online through your myKindo account. One account for the whole family!
Help? Visit support.mykindo.co.nz or tel. 0800 EZLUNCH (0800 395 8624) weekdays 8am-4pm.
Term dates 2022 (also on the front page of the school website all year)
Term 1 – Tuesday 8th February to Wednesday 13th April
(Waitangi Day observed 7th February, Teacher Only Day 14th April, Good Friday 15th April)
Term 2 – Monday 2nd May to Friday 8th July
(Teacher Only Day 3rd June, Queen’s Birthday 6th June, Matariki Public Holiday 24th June, Teacher Only Day 27th June)
Term 3 – Monday 25th July to Friday 30th September
Term 4 – Monday 17th October to Friday 16th December
(Labour Day 24th October)