Term 1 ends at 3pm on Wednesday 13th April
Teacher Only Day Thursday 14th April, Good Friday 15th April
Kia ora koutou. Hello everyone.
Changes are upon us again! The information below is summarised from the Unite Against Covid-19 website.
- “The isolation period for COVID-19 cases and their household contacts will be reduced from 10 to 7 days.
- The change will come into effect from 11:59pm Friday 11 March.
- COVID-19 cases and Household Contacts are to isolate for a week.
- Household Contacts will need to have a rapid antigen test at day 3 and day 7 of their isolation period. If they become symptomatic they should get a test, and if the result is positive, they are required to isolate for seven days from that point.
- Report any rapid antigen test results on My Covid Record, even if it is negative.
- If a person is isolating and still has symptoms after 7 days, they are advised to stay home until 24 hours after symptoms resolve.
The reduction in the isolation period follows similar changes overseas and increasing evidence that people are most likely to transmit the virus earlier in their infectious period. This evidence also shows that the risk of reinfection within the first three months after someone has Omicron is very low.
For this reason,
- recovered cases will no longer need to self-isolate if they become a household contact within 90 days after having the virus. This is an increase from the current 28 days”.
Updating School Records
A form was sent home a few weeks ago to all children from the office to update your family details so we have the correct phone numbers, email addresses and emergency contacts for your child. Please complete this form and send it back to school as soon as you can if you haven’t already. If all details are still the same please write ‘no changes’ on the form and send it back anyway. It is so important in these Covid times that your contact details are up to date and correct so we can communicate with you and contact you immediately if we need to.
If you move house, change email or phone numbers or emergency contacts for your child please let the office know at any time of the year. You don’t need to wait for this form to come home again at the beginning of next year. Many thanks.
All year 1,2,3 and 4 children and those who were interested in years 5 and 6 brought home a notice about playing netball this year. Please check your child’s bag if you have not seen it. If the notice is lost or you want your child to play and they have not brought a notice home, you can download the notice and registration form from the school website under Parent Information-Permission slips. Registration and fees are due by Friday 18th March for Years 5 and 6. Please register for years 1-4 but do not pay yet. Kidzplay will not hold any games until we are at the orange traffic light setting. We will organise year 1-4 teams and let you know when you need to pay.
- Tuesday 22nd March between 3:15pm and 6:00pm,
- Thursday 24th March between 3:15pm and 5:30pm and
- Monday 4th April between 3:15pm and 5:30pm.
We have lots of togs, towels and jumpers amongst other really lovely clothes that belong to someone in the lost property box. The box is in the hall doorway facing the school, please feel free to pop through the gate and have a look for yourselves.